Re: Pulleys dumb question

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 13:24:08 EDT

> Ok, say i get a belt for my dak so it doesnt run through my AC. now i have
> no AC but more horsepower does this work? and getting ASP crank pulley
only
> and having a high output alternator, does add to hp also? if so please
how
> much and how does it work? I know there are some geniusses out there. And
> explain to me like im a 2 year old(from movie Philadelphia) dont say
> anything about spelling either.. hehe
>
> Justin Sanders
> 95 318

you'd be better off bypassing the power steering than A/C since the A/C free
spins while it's turned off... short belt around the PS pump will get you
about .1 in the 1/4mi, roughly 10hp

the ASP crank pulley will add to power slightly, nothing dramatic unless you
get rid of the mechanical cooling fan. Hi output alternator? My guess is
that it would rob more power than a reg. power alt, but not enough to be
noticeable.