Re: Re: AAR hood suggestions

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 00:55:25 EDT

Who is in the market for a hood that performs? or for looks only? Reason I
ask is that the thought was discussed of a fake Shaker hood. Also he does
have the Six-pack scoop and Hemi scoop available, that's is why I am trying
to convince him to make a stock hood where
anyone could choose a Six-Pack, Hemi, Duster/Demon or grabber setup. As for
the 70 AAR Cuda hood, my brother has been trying to get him to do this for 4
years now, but 1 person
doesn't justify the cost. That's where the 700+ DML comes in by telling him.
If you folks really want a different variety of hoods, then let him know
what your ideas are.
Kuk

> Make it as functional and efficient as possible in bringing
> in outside air.
>
> For ram-air type, opening(s) should be as near to the front
> and as high as possible. Also high enough to fit an
> adequate sized air cleaner with it (not much fitting
> room beneath the OEM hood).
>
> For cowl type, make the cowl curvy to match the curves
> of the Dakota front. A remote-controlled open/close lid
> would add to the expense but would be most welcome
> in parts of the country where winter means SNOW and
> more SNOW.
>
> Grumpy

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World