Roller rockers- neat update and a spankin!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 00:44:54 EDT

Okay, I'm gonna bore you with details.

After the Rollers we installed "right" I drove it abuot 147 miles around
town and here and there and it was doing fine, then I start to hear a
tapping/clicking sound. maybe it's the exhaust (it's been ticking since the
header install)

anyways. I'm in North Kansas City and I live basically 30 minutes south of
where I'm at and damn, I notice that the truck would start to slightly shake
under extremely light acceleration. it progresses and gets worse. to make a
long story short, it drove like a Big Block Chevy that has the biggest cam
you can put in it. except it jerked your back and forward pretty nicely with
the engine running the way it was.

I then noticed that the check engine light had come on and pulled codes. 12
(low voltage and 43 (misfires) ah, drag the truck home and pull the covers
(again.)

the intake rocker on cylinder #2 had slid off to the side. Upon closer
inspection, the locktite compound in the box the crane cam's conversion kit
doesn't mix too well with oil, so the studs backed off from the heads (maybe
I'll get a Trottman's award too, because I hand tightened the studs down)
so... the studs were loosening up and allowing that roller to come out. I
took all the studs out and cleaned it, torqued them down correctly this time
and reinstalled everything. HA. funny thing. now the truck doesn't have
any power. Oh well, I'm gonna get some jumper cables in the morning and jump
start it. Darn ASP underdrive pullies keep my truck constantly low on power.
 (Anyone that did a ASP underdrive install still have their stock pully? I
need it bad!)

to end things, I am adding to the "valve cover removal contest" another
tally, bring me up to 6 removals. Who can beat that? oh, 6 removals in
ONE week......
-Dester