(no subject)

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 11:52:02 EDT

    I bought mine from the fleet dept this last December. They told me "The
price is $500 over invoice. We don't haggle. If you want to haggle then go to
the regular sales dept and deal with them". I ended up paying $150 over
invoice. I wore 'em down! It was late at night... The thing that they get you
on alot is your trade. You have to know what your trade is really worth before
you go in. I did ok on my trade but not fantastic. Still I think I did good on
the overall deal.
       Actually if you bank at a Credit Union they probably have a "Fleet
Deal" already. The deal varies by vehicle and time of year. When I bought my
Dak the deal was $500 over invoice for a Dak, but I could have bought a Ram or
a minivan for $500 below invoice. And so you can pretty much go to any Dodge
dealer and say "I can get it at xyz dealer for $500 over invoice without me
doing any work, what are you willing to do to get me to buy the vehicle at
your dealership?" It worls every time.