Re: DML:Tonneau covers do save gas!!!!!! And increase driveability!!!

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 11:58:11 EDT

In a message dated 4/7/00 10:21:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

> On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Frank Johnson wrote:
>
> > Fibreglass tonneaus don't really weigh that much. Maybe 100 pounds?
>
> Yeah, if that. When I got my Checkmate tonneau, I carried it from the
> barn and set it on the back of my truck myself. It was darn cumbersome,
> but I don't think it was 100 lbs. I've lifted my share of 100lb feed
> bags, and this tonneau seems a lot lighter than that!
>
> -Jon-
My Snuglid cover might be close to 75lbs. But as far as getting less gas
mileage, I get about the same compared to when I had my vinyl cover on it.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T Finally!
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"