Rust proofing a new truck, would you ?

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 00:19:14 EDT

I'm toying with getting my new truck undercoated and rust protected by
Ziebart. It would cost $229 for the first treatment. Each year I would
take it back for re-treatment. If they have to power clean the
undercarriage, which they most likely will have to do, they charge $29
for the cleaning. I asked if I could do it myself at a car wash, but
they claim their power sprayer is much more powerful and most people
don't get it clean enough. Everything else is already paid for. The
warranty runs as long as the truck is legally registered. This is the
deal for new vehicles, less than 12K miles, only. Now, the factory
warranty is like 100,000 on rust and paint, so say seven years then
that's it. Ziebart says they will fix or replace anything that they
treat that rust. I plan to keep the truck until it dies, so hopefully
several years. Has anyone used Ziebart ? Does this sound like it is
worth it ?

I'm in the midwest and we can get a lot of salt on the roads in winter.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Todd
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.