Rust Proofing, Attn: Todd

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 04:36:17 EDT

Todd,

I had my '97 Dakota ClubCab rust proofed by Ziebart the 2nd day after
delivery. I had the complete package including the stone guards.
The truck is now three years old and has 64,000 miles. I live in Michigan
so I know about salt.

I have had the Ziebart updated each year. There is absolutely no rust
anywhere
on my truck. The entire undercarriage looks brand new. I have also used
Ziebart on my 1990 Dodge Spirit ES (100,000 Miles), 2 Neon Sports (total
180,000 miles, a 1991 Shadow Convertible (75,000 miles) and my 1998 Jeep
Cherokee (50,000 miles). I never had any rust on these vehicles anywhere.

You do have to be careful what dealer you use. Most Ziebart dealers (at least
here in Michigan) are franchised. Some may do a better job than others.

I did note Bob's experience with Ziebart on his Van. It is possible that
Ziebart
improved their product by the 1990's. It is also possible that the original
Ziebart application was not done properly. And, of course, the 1970 series
B-Vans had a bad reputation of beginning to rust before delivery.

I used a product called Poly-Guard on a mid-eighty's K-car and I believe it
actually helped the car to rust out. Never again.

I know my next vehicle will have the Ziebart rust proofing package.

Hope this helps a little...

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan