Re: Mopar Magnum Cam

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 08:51:54 EDT

At 10:43 PM 4/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey everyone I own a 95 Dak RC, 5.2L, 5-speed, 3.90 LSD its stripped with
>Mopar headers, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 2 chamber(no cat), pulleys, MSD and
>blaster coil, Mopar valve covers and air cleaner, Mopar computer and Dunlop
>GT 275/60/15's(rear) on widened stock chrome rims. I just ran it at Milan
>dragway in Michigan and ran a 14.133 @ 98.05 I bought this truck used and
>was wondering if anyone is running the Mopar cam. If so how is the idle mine
>is smooth and I thought I might already have one but I'm not sure how to
>check. This truck seems pretty fast for not alot of mods, any help would be
>appreciated. Thanks Sam
>sawcut64@mediaone.net

The mopar cam is very mild (to get CARB approval and be OBDII friendly)
hence you will not detect any roughness at idle. If you listen
at the exhaust tip, you will hear some faint lopiness (at least Boog
did on mine at C@C last year). First to start going with age is
hearing ... well, maybe, not the first!

BTW, that's a super time and trap speed ... what's the racing weight
on your '95?

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.