Re: RE: R/T wanna be

From: Matthew L Mueggenborg (mmuegge@okstate.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 16:41:59 EDT

Hey guys,

I'm going to be driving out to California over memorial day weekend and in
light of this thread I wanted to warn some of you folks. I have a black
97 CC V6 sport badged accordingly (No silly R/T badges where they
shouldn't be). I do however have the fender flairs and to conserve fuel
for the trip I'll be putting my stock 15X7 rims back on (I am currently
running 15X8 series 058 eagle alloys with 265-50R15 tires). I'm SURE that
when I put those factory wheels back on the fender flairs are going to be
sticking out rediculously. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not going
to come home to a thread about my truck. My point with the flairs was not
to be an R/T wannabe. I actually got them because my aftermarket wheels
stick out due to the backspacing is less than on the factory wheels and so
they are bad about throwing mud and water all over the side of my truck.
I'm sure all of you who own black trucks will sympathize with me when I
say that the fender flairs have made a world of difference when it comes
to keeping my dak clean. So I guess the bottom line here is please dont
laugh at my truck if some of you cali guys see me cruising around over
memorial day weekend.

Later,
Matt Mueggenborg
www.ionet.net/~mmuegge_osu