Re: MPI & tstat

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 20:44:51 EDT

At 06:49 PM 4/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Go to my web page:
>http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~cooke/indyram/MPInstall.html
>There is a part number there for the chrome waterneck, and a 180
>thermostat. I wouldnt recommend the 160 becuase the computer doesnt go
>into closed loop till like 165 or so. Clay

Thanks, Clay. The page address gave me a 404 but I cut off the
'MPInstall.html'
and got into your directory and found the file.

Great looking pictures and sharp looking chrome tstat housing.

BTW, I installed a 160F stat about a month ago for the custom computer
that I'm testing as it's calibrated for a 160 tstat (amongst other things).
I also ran the '96 MP PCM with the 160 at the track a week ago last Sat.
and last Sat. I had to do a 60-mi. trip at night so I put on the OEM
'97 computer (gauges do not function with the other computers). Everything
went aok with the 160 ... closed loop and no 'Check Engine' light.
At the track, after one run, the temp. on the scanner showed 172F and
this was on a fairly cool day ... under normal driving, scanner shows
temp. around 159-161 F.

Thanks again ... wrote down the parts numbers.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.