4.7 and towing, power-trax

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 06:58:45 EDT

This weekend I got to do some towing with my 2K Dakota and found that it
worked great. I have the 3.55 gears/PowerTrax NoSlip and was towing a U-haul
1900 lb trailer with my next project inside (1983 Yamaha Venture
Royale--anybody got parts or cheap bike to sell?) 701 lbs so total was about
2600 lbs. Towed it for about 3 hours or so at 65 mph with OD locked out and
you could barely tell the thing was back there. According to the computer
gas mileage sucked at 11 to 13 mpg. Rained like a banshee though.

Side note: one of my 100/80W Hellas blew out the next day, checked it and
there is a small hole in the back of the connector and some how some
moisture must have gotten into through there, since it was wet around the
hole. The stock bulbs has sealer on the back covering all the holes. I was
just saying that I finally had the headlights perfect and finally could
forget about them. Oh Well.

Gary
2000 DAKOTA CLUB CAB 4X4 SLT PLUS

Exterior Color: Black Clear Coat w/Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Interior Color: Agate, Interior Seats: Cloth High-Back Buckets
Rear Gear: 3.55
Engine: Next Generation 4.7L Magnum V8
Transmission: Multi - Speed Automatic
Optional equipment: EVERYTHING, except Full time 4 wheel drive, and 4 wheel
anti-lock brakes, and leather interior.
Mopar Accessories: sill guards, bug deflector, folding bed cover, spare tire
lock,
mud flaps.
Mods: PowerTrax No-Slip extreme traction differential, Silibalde Wipers
100/80W Hella Bulbs w/30 amp headlight relays.