Re: www.carorder.com for $1100 under Invoice-(Steve)

From: Todd Abernathy (t_abernathy7@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 03:41:48 EDT

"For anyone considering a new Dakota purchase you MUST price your truck
at carorder.com.
I have priced a new 4x4 Dakota at $1100 UNDER Invoice. I'm not kidding."

Hmmm, I just compared their price to the price information I have from
when I brought my truck three weeks ago. It's hard to compare some of
the information because they don't break down all the numbers the same
way the dealers did. However, all the options were the same price as the
dealer's price. From what I can see they don't charge the advertising
fees the dealers did ($380). Their invoice price is $358 less than the
one I was quoted by several dealerships, so the invoice price difference
may be in the dealerships advertising fees. Even thought their invoice
price was cheaper their "carorder" price was $612 more than what I got
mine for (which was at $100 under the dealership's invoice). Their
"carorder" price is $924 more than their invoice price, but it was $1,760
less than their MSRP price and $1,460 less than the MSRP price I had been
qouted. I would suggest double checking the numbers to see if your price
was not $1,100 below MSRP rather than invoice.

Also, I did notice that at least one of the new colors for 2000 was not
listed that you can get at a dealership, but otherwise they seemed to
cover all the options unless you want a base model.

In short, I think you can still do better than their price by haggling
with a dealer.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.