Re: 4X4 weight ?

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 06:51:26 EDT

Andy,

In NY all commercial vehicles (and Pick-ups) are registered at GVWR (Gross
Vehicle Weight Rating)rather than actual truck weight, this is so they can
charge you for being fully loaded all the time and doing commercial duty.
Plus the more you can haul the more they charge.They just changed it this
month so you can get a one time exemption and register your truck as
non-commercial but they will charge you full commercial price, basically
this lets you drive on the parkways in big cities that forbid commercial
vehicles.

My registration for the 2000 Dak CC 4X4 says 6000 lbs., the window sticker
came up with 5620lbs or something so I went down and bitched. The lady
pulled the actual statement of origin out of the pile and it did say 6000
GVWR. It also has the actual weight and I had her give me that, I cant find
where I wrote it down though but it was like 4250 or 4300 LBS. If you want
to know the actual weight just go to the DMV with your title and
registration and they will look it up or ask to dealer to give it to you
from the Manufacturer's statement of Origin when you buy before they send it
to the DMV.

If you look at the sticker it also has GCWR (Gross combined weight rating)
this gives you payload and trailer or combination of the two, and is
basically the max weight you can be, as long as you are not over the
individual payload and trailer ratings.

The NYS DMV actually has a great website:
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/

You can renew your registations and try different custom plates and a lot of
other stuff.

Gary

2000 DAKOTA CLUB CAB 4X4 SLT PLUS

Exterior Color: Black Clear Coat w/Light Driftwood Satin Glow
Interior Color: Agate, Interior Seats: Cloth High-Back Buckets
Rear Gear: 3.55
Engine: Next Generation 4.7L Magnum V8
Transmission: Multi - Speed Automatic
Optional equipment: EVERYTHING, except Full time 4 wheel drive, and 4 wheel
anti-lock brakes, and leather interior.
Mopar Accessories: sill guards, bug deflector, folding bed cover, spare tire
lock,
mud flaps.
Mods: PowerTrax No-Slip extreme traction differential, Silibalde Wipers
100/80W Hella Bulbs w/30 amp headlight relays.