Re: Re: Michelin LTX M/S Tires

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 14:11:00 EDT

At 01:02 PM 4/12/00 , you wrote:

>In my opinion, you can get a lot better tire than those, even if you are not
>interested in 4wheelin'. Especially when you look at prices, with Michelins,
>you are paying for the name......paying too much at that. I have pulled out
>about a handful of 4WD Vehicles(very offroad capable vehicles) with these
>tires, but thye chose the wrong tire/tread. The tread design is just too
>'street oriented' for any type of non-paved surface.

I appreciate your comments but I don't think the price (just over $100
each) is excessive for 80K mile tires. I've owned many sets of Michelin
tires over the years and have gotten outstanding wear from them all.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too
good and not quite all the time."--George Orwell