Tranny update

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 20:59:55 EDT

Well folks, looks like I get my baby back tomorrow. Shop manager said
thanks for burning the transmission up real good, I made him a lot of money.
  (I'm just a VERY happy camper that I bought the extended warranty). Total
bill looks to be about 2300 bucks. The guys that said it was the carrier
bearing were right... that was just a part of the repair though. It looks
like I have a brand new tranny sittin' in my '94 Dak now.

They are sticking me for the removal of the headers and exhaust, plus for
some mysterious reason the right side header had no gasket (?) So I have
all new gaskets in my exhaust system too.

Anyone know why a Mopar exhaust wouldn't be covered under this warranty? I
would figure you'd have to remove exhaust manifolds to do the same repair.
I guess I should be happy that all this will cost me is about 280 bucks.
Apparently nothing was wrong with the differential.

I'm just scratching my head wondering what the previous owner did with this
truck! The shop guys said that the carrier bearing usually doesn't go out
unless you do a lot of towing. I don't tow anything but my tall ass to all
my accounts... 30k miles last year. Again, I thought the Torqueflite based
transmissions in these things were 10 feet tall and bullet proof, so I
wonder what the deal is!

I've only got another 15k on the warranty, so hopefully if anything else
major happens, it will happen before I turn 100k.

That's all for now... I'll keep ya'll posted after I get her back tomorrow.

Brett
'94 Dak Sport CC