Re: Re: brake help...

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 22:56:52 EDT

The correct size bit is a Torx-45 to remove the two sliding pins for the
caliper.

you'll also need a big c-clamp as mentioned below and brakes part cleaner is
a plus.
-Dester

<< Brian,
 It is fairly easy to do yourself. You just need the right tools. I can't
 remember what size allen wrench to use to get the calipers off. I will find
 out today as I am changing mine out again. Once you get them off use a
 c-clamp (or a tool I bought at Sears) to push the pistons back into their
 bores. They need to be pretty flush up against the caliper in order to
 slide them back onto the rotor. Make sure to watch your master cylinder
 though that fluid doesn't back up and over the unit. It will eat any paint
 it touches. Unless you open up the lines you will not need to rebleed the
 system. Good Luck. >>