MTX Thunderform / Amp Relocation...Help?

From: Brown, Mike (CAD) (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 13:42:03 EDT

DML/Audiophiles...

        I have a MTX Thunderform with two 10" subs and a HUGE MTX5400 5-Channel Amp. Currently the amp is
under the drivers seat, but the back of it sticks out. (Since my 9-year old stepdaughter's feet are getting bigger she has
a tendency to trample over it.) Anyway I was thinking of cutting the existing thunderform where the tire jack is located,
and molding some fiberglass to mount the amp in that location. Does anyone have any thoughts? I don't believe this
will ruin the sound quality....after all it is not a ported or solobaric design. Any input would be appreciated.
Also the DML'rs who made their own fiberglass box similar to the thunderform please re-post your web sites. I would like
some pointers on fiberglass construction.

Thanks,

-Mike Brown
Pasadena, MD
97 -Sport