Homemade K&N system

From: Ryan Rodgers (rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 12:42:45 EDT

I'm hoping those of you who have done this can help me. I saw Nate's page
about this, but I have a question regarding which filter to use. I was at
the local parts store, and they carry the 0940 and 0945 cone filters, no
0920 like Nate used (I can order if need be). These filters do not have a
rubber flange and clamp to attach them with. However, the 1796 cylindrical
filter does. Does anyone have any input on this? I'm putting it on a 4.7
and that little flange with clamp would make it a lot easier than trying to
find some other way to get the filter mounted to the intake tube. Thanks.