RE: Re: Viper 6-speed to a 318??????????

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 00:38:48 EDT

I was using the .7x as an example. The actual gear ratio is .76:1 with
optional .81 or .86 on the 6th gear (.62 not available for Chrysler). There
are other gear ratios available. (They also handle 450ft.lbs. of torque.)
With a .86 6th gear, you should still have some HP left to get it up in the
speed...but not much faster than with 5th...maybe.

Anyway, what i'm saying is call them up and find out if they can custom
build the 6th speed since 5th IS a 1:1 on the Richmond 6 speed.

Standard Choices are:
1st: 3.27:1
2nd: 2.13:1
3rd 1.57:1
4th 1.23:1
5th: 1:1
6th: .76:1

Look at it this way, you can either pay for a Viper 6-speed or $2800 for a
Richmond. (Don't know how much the Viper one is but i'd think it would be
more just because of the name and application.)

$0.02

- Bernd