Re: Freakin' Valvoline!

From: EUGENE HARRINGTON (MOPARSLOTCAR@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 21:16:48 EDT

Synthetic does not last longer, it protects better. It is not really
man-made but rather like hand-picked molecules of the same oil which do
protect better. Regular oil has a vast mixture of molecules which many
do nothing for lubrication or protection. Synthetic term is miss
leading, I too thought it ment man made but with oils it means hand
picked molecules. It is superior if from a quality manufacture such as
Mobil One. BUT synthetic could be hand picked oil of the lesser quality
molecules also left over from picking the better ones out for high
quality stuff. Simply labeling an oil synthetic doesn't mean it is
better, not all are created equal or better. Mobil One is the only one
I trust. It all comes from dead dinosaurs. I just wonder what becomes
of the low quality molecules left over after picking out the good ones ?
Does this get poured into the regular bottles ?

Thanks,
 Eugene