E-fan Thermal Switches

From: Pedro J. Diaz (pjdmd1@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 23:37:18 EDT

Some of us were having this problem before, and in fact, never had a satisfactory
solution. I also run the Perma Cool fan. I called the company, they were
actually quite helpful. They had not heard of a bad batch. Someone in the list
measured the thermostat and it opened at 190 degrees. So I did some fiddling
around over here, and finally came up with something that worked.
With my new engine thermostat at 180 degrees, and with the increased air flow
from the removal of the wind screens, I figured the -stat wasn't getting hot
enough. So I installed it just downstream from the engine thermostat. I figured
it also would sit amidst all the hot air from the engine itself. Well, it
worked. Whenever I am driving, the air flow keeps my temp gage about 190 or so,
then, in traffic, it bumps up to about 200 and the fan kicks in. So far, it
hasn't gone any higher than just before the 200 mark.

give it a try. I guess a manual switch can be run into the cab to activate it
when needed, but it would be a pain in the ass, and the wife drives the truck
once in a while.

pedro diaz