Re: Re: TWIN TURBOS!!.

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 19:04:59 EDT

now, let's think about some stuff here...

first of all, the twin setup would run at least 11psi of boost, right?
Did ya'll think about if your gaskets and seals are gonna hold up to
11psi? That's a lot of boost. And under that boost, what's gonna' keep an
already ping-proned engine from pinging even more? It takes a great
amount of work and programming just to get a 6psi Supercharger dialed in
properly, think about how much it's gonna take to get 11psi or more of
twin turbo dialed in? And will it run on pump gas?? Nothing against ya'
Nick, but did you do 11's in the 1/4 on pump gas? This kind of thing
won't be a "send me the parts so I can bolt em' on" kind of setup...
it'll take extensive fabricating, computer programming, and one-off parts
to get it to even work, much less make it streetable.
Someone please tell me I'm wrong... I wanna see some Twin Turbo 6er's on
the road as much as anyone else, but it just seems like it would be very
expensive, very involved, and not very reliable...
PLEASE tell me it's gonna be a nice easy bolt on thing... (okay, so I
want one too.. hehehe)

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
"PROJECT 13's" ... slammed 88 Dakota: Magnum 360 swap in progress!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.