RE: Re[2]: Pictures with winch [ATTN: DAVID]

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 07:25:03 EDT

I've come across this so many times. People always ask why I want to abuse
my vehicle.. I don't. We all have different hobbies, and one of mine is
offroading. It's a challenge to see if your truck can handle it. Most
offroaders don't buy a vehicle as a "show & shine" item. They want to get
out in the mud and have fun. My friends can't understand it either, but
have learned to accept it. It's what I do and I like it. That's all that
matters to me. I guess some could say, why do you go on a roller coaster if
you know you're gonna be scared and scream..... same thing (sort've).

I've especially gotten into it more since my accident with my '95 dak (RIP).
I seem to be stuck relying on a cane a lot of times as I managed to really
mess up my back. So, my hobby of hiking seems to have been replaced with
offroading. The wheels take me to places that I can't climb anymore.

Just one perspective on offroading, I'm sure there are so many more.

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd