Re: MSD Blaster, 5 or 6A? Coil choice?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 12:09:49 EDT

> Ok, I am going to do the ignition upgrade routine, got my new Jeg's
> catalog, and have a few questions. The Blaster and MSD 5 are inductive
> spark while the 6A is a capacitive discharge. What are the
> differences(besides 50 bucks)? After that, I guessing all that's left
> are wires, plugs, the 8873 universal harness, and the brass cap and
> rotor.
>
> Thanks for you help guys, and a big F you to Goggles. (Dammit Cale, you
> said you wouldn't say anything!)(Sorry Cale, it just came out)
> Cale
> 98cc318sporty

Cale, I would highly recommend going with the 6 series. The 6 series is more
performance orientated comapred with the 5 Series, which is for those with
less mods. I am running the 6 Series Off Road Box, which is completely
virbration and water proof and all the internal components are potted in
epoxy. Either way, spend the extra cahs and get the 6 Series. Without a
doubt, get the 8873 Wiring harness and some very good wires, like the MSD
8.5MM Super Conductors. Good Luck,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
`