Re: radar detectors

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 15:06:09 EDT

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 ZeNel1eac1@aol.com wrote:

> the problem with detectors is that by the time the radar detector picks up on
> the signal,..... you're already nabbed. Cops know this and most of them
> laugh it off around here. Lasar radars can go for miles and most detectors
> only work for about 1 to 1 & 1/2 miles. Although there is that new K-Force
> thing that needs to be installed that they gaurantee you won't get a speeding
> ticket and if you do they'll pay the fine.

     I agree with you, if you're just talking about laser. With laser, it
seems like the chances of a detector saving you are rather rare. If
the detector goes off, probably all its really good for is telling you
that you're about to get a ticket. :-) However, for normal radar, that
stuff bounces all over the place, and can easily be picked up if the
police are just sitting there flooding the road with it. Even if they
are using instant on, you can pick it up as they shoot the cars ahead
of you. (Unless you're the first car in the line, in which case you're
out of luck.) :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'