DRBIII

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 01:50:17 EDT

Ptturbo@aol.com wrote:

> > << Someone mentioned that a cam was no good for the 3.9 because of the
> comp,
> > said it wouldnt adjust, is this true?
>
> How much more radical than stock is the cam?
> MAP systems are much more sensative to cams than mass-air systems.
> If it drops the vacuum, ya could be in trouble. This will cause the PCM to
> see a higher MAP sensor voltage ( as in "engine under load") and it
> will feed more fuel.. This can make for a really over rich idle condition,
> as well as send the block learn into the dumper. A rheostat could
> probably be used to get it back down, but then WOT might go lean
> without a 5v feed to the map line for a patch. It would take some
> playing, but it's doable. If we could just get at the calibration
> data in the PCM, it could be done in code, which is the preferred
> approach... Especially when you solder like sh*t.. 8-P
> I have overcome this in a GM app, because I was able to
> dump the chip and edit the tables. Can't wait till snap-on or
> somebody sells a tool to flash the ecms.. The world would be
> a better place for motor heads for sure..
> Mike V

Miller Tools sells the same DRBIII that the dealer uses. Probably a few thou
will get it. Next, you need the procedure to extract - then reverse engineer
the table data - then the procedure to write it to EEPROM. So what are you
waiting for??

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"