Re: Fw: MAP

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 09:55:47 EDT

Just for tinkering, if the amount of vacuum that reaches the map is less
than normal, say half, the PCM may, see a load when there
really isn't, causing the advance near low rpm to increase, thus creating
more torque at a lower rpm. Remember the guy who disconnected his completely
and his results? If I had a Dak, I would be all over this theory,
buy......:^(...... I do not at this time.
Take an old working MAP and measure the port size with a drill bit, epoxy
the hole and drill a smaller size. Then G-tech it.
There is a reason why the engineers choose the port size they did.
Hmmmmmm....food for thought. Take care.
Kuk