Re: Dragstrip improvements

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 10:51:34 EDT

Hey Shane, what altitude are you at? Plus, that many runs meant your intake
was too hot to touch, killing
at least 3-4 tenths, I guarantee this. Let it cool down or take a garden
sprayer with you next time, if you are shooting for non
real world conditions.
 (((((Also I noticed that while not in OD ))))))
Do you mean, OD button engaged? Or OD gear not allowed to engaged?
Regardless, here comes some babble......
I never ran with the OD locked button engaged either, here is
why................

Everyone try this and let me know if it does exactly what I say it should
do.
Drive to 60mph, lock the OD on which should bring the rpms close to 3000 rpm
(392 gears will be there)
keep the same foot pressure to stay at 60 mph, only at the higher rpm.
Now, press full throttle, and say, 2-3 seconds later, turn the OD button
off, you should gain an instant stall
of 500 rpm. The stall is much higher when left alone than when engaging the
OD button.
I used to manually shift my auto and get better short times than leaving it
in auto, but the auto would beat my mph speed everytime.

Shane, are the items on your sig file the only things you are running? What
muffler do they use on the Indy's?
I believe that was the only change from stock, right? (power-wize)
Kuk

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World