eval of the Pedal Jack anti theft device

From: Pedro J. Diaz (pjdmd1@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 11:03:39 EDT

couple of months ago, Popular Mechanics mentioned this gadget called the
Pedal Jack. I don't have a link to one, sorry. Basically it's a clamp that
goes around the brake and clutch pedal bars and makes the vehicle
inoperable. they have manual and automatic versions. cost about 50 bucks. I
decided to get one b/c I used The Club for years on my Eagle Vision and noted
that it started to wear off the steering wheel where it made contact. Having
the posh leather steering wheel on my Dak, I don't want 2 big bare spots on
it.

It's a pretty sturdy apparatus, doesn't look like someone could cut through
it. Only problem is that the way the pedals are on the Dak, to put it on, it
has to be nearly parallel to the floor, and while putting it on takes a mere
30 seconds or less, it's really hard to do in the seated position in the
driver's side. So pretty much I have to put it on from the outside of the
truck leaning into the cab. Boohoo you say. but this is a slight
inconvenience when I'm carrying some stuff out of the truck, or, in nice work
clothes rubbing against the dirty floor panels. So basically I only use it
on suspect areas, as opposed to home and work.

So, seems to be a fairly fool proof device definitely more so than The Club,
since people can't cut the pedal bars as opposed to the steering wheel. Only
snag is that it's a tiny bit inconvenient to put on. As far as considering
how effective it would be in protecting my baby and its cost, it is
definitely worth it.

Pedro Diaz