Re: Re: Re: Bad night at the track

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 18:46:45 EDT

In a message dated 4/22/00 12:43:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fast4x4@bellsouth.net writes:

> I just got back from runnin around town and noticed a
> strong oil smell, checked the back of the intake, and sure enough I've
> sprouted a leak back near the distributor...

Jon

You have the MPI ? If so and you used the rubber gaskets you need to fill the
holes in the intake where the cork gasket dowl pins go. The "V" shape top of
the back gasket centers on a hole. Mine did the same thing. I just took it
off and siliconed the holes and put it back on and all was OK. I don't think
you would need new gaskets if you used the runbber ones.

Good luck
Bill