Re: MSD & Noise - Please Help....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 11:18:49 EDT

> Yesterday I installed a MSD 6A kit from www.truckperformance.com The kit
came with a "universal harness", the brain box, and Tayler-spiro 8mm wires.
> While I was at it...I also replaced the ditributer cap and roter. FYI...I
mounted the MSD box to the heat shield of my K&N FIPK.

> First question is: The "universal harness" did not fit the stock coil
harness or fit the coil receptacle.
> Is there a specified or unique harness I have to use? For now, I cut the
wires to the coil and added quick connect push connectors. The MSD seems to
be running fine but I just wanted to make sure I did this right.

> Secondly, I have a lot of noise radiated through my stereo now. Is there
anything I can do to eliminate this?

Mike,
I did have to do some splicing and soldering with the 8873 wiring harness to
get it to work the way it was meant to work, and I believe you will have to
do the same as it is not meant to be a plug in type of adapter. With it
properly installed, you should be able to run the MSD Ignition and you
should also be able to simply disconnect the 2 MSD connectors and plug back
in your 'stock' system. As far as the noise capacitor goes, I would HIGHLY
recommend installing MSD Noise Filter Capacitor, which Jeg's sells for about
$350-$40, this totally cut out the noise I was also getting from the MSD
Ignition. Let me know if you have any further questions. Good Luck,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6