MSD & Noise - Please Help....

From: Brown, Mike (CAD) (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 08:40:43 EDT

DML,

        I need the experience of the DML for this one...

Yesterday I installed a MSD 6A kit from www.truckperformance.com The kit came with a "universal harness", the brain box, and Tayler-spiro 8mm wires.
While I was at it...I also replaced the ditributer cap and roter. FYI...I mounted the MSD box to the heat shield of my K&N FIPK.

        First question is: The "universal harness" did not fit the stock coil harness or fit the coil receptacle.
Is there a specified or unique harness I have to use? For now, I cut the wires to the coil and added quick connect push connectors. The MSD seems to be running fine but I just wanted to make sure I did this right.

        Secondly, I have a lot of noise radiated through my stereo now. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this?

Please help....

-Mike Brown
Pasadena, MD.

97- CC, 4x4, 5.2L-318