MPI install question

From: Hausheer, Geoffrey (geoffrey.hausheer@intel.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 11:41:41 EDT

Okay,
        So I finally got to install my MPI into the Dak this weekend, and it
went pretty well (except for the damn A/C compressor which took a lot of
work to get it fit right). Anyhow, I buttoned everything up, and I have no
fluid leaks, but the idle and off-idle manifold vacuum seems a bit lower
than it used to be (~14in-HG vs 17-19 with the old manifold). So I was
thinking that maybe I have a leak somewhere, but I don't have a clue as to
how to go about looking for it. Until I figure this out, I don't want to
rev the engine too high for fear that the positive-pressure of the blower
might make everything worse. Anyone have any ideas as to how I should go
about determining if I have a manifold leak?

Thanks,
.Geoff

P.S. Many thanks to Jon!!! The MPI-install kit sure made life a whole lot
easier.