Re: Body Lift Question; Parts

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 15:04:44 EDT

> I no longer have the parts list for the PA 2" lift, but remembering back
it
> did have an extra piece that wasn't needed, a 1" or so metal rod that I
think
> was steering column extension (maybe shift linkage? can't remember
exactly),
> but it wasn't necessary to use so we didn't. With only the 2" lift no
> extensive modifications were needed (radiator, shifters, etc). It was
really
> a piece of cake. And its not TOO much lift either...nice fairly
> stock-looking, yet stout height. (of course the 4" TM suspension lift
> addition blew the stock look outta the water!)
>
> Before I ordered the kit and was pondering how much body lift I wanted to
do,
> I talked with a local 4x4 shop and they said drilled hockey pucks (and
longer
> bolts) are good for a homebrew body lift...but the height would be subtle
> (like only 1" or so)...

Yeah, I am aware of the hockey puck way, but I wouldnt use em nor really
feel 100% good about using them. Do you have an auto tranny Dave, cause I am
just curious about the tranny linkage adapter which comes with the 3" TM
Body lift kit and whether or not I will need one for a 2" body lift. Did you
have to trim the radiator shroud at ALL? The 3" TM body lift kit manual says
to cut off the lower half of this shroud and reinstall it. It just seems
that with a 2" body lift kit, that less has to me messed with a modified. If
I do go with a mild 1" body lift kit, I think I would just have a machine
shop fab up some solid round aluminum 'pucks'. But then again, for a mere
$70 through JC Whitney I could have a PA 2" body lift kit. Just odd that the
3" and 2" body lifts are the same price. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6