fried dash almost = another ticket (also, radar jammer....)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 21:59:41 EDT

yep! you heard that right. I almost got a ticket today. I got on the highway
(didn't know what speed I was traveling at) cop says 75 in an 65, and I
think he was right.

last week, my APC speedglo dash burnt on me and I'm waiting on a replacement
for some time now. anyways. I do not know how fast I'm going now. so.. I
was following this ford on the highway and bam, blue lights pop out from
behind me. WTF? if I were following the ford, why was I pulled over? is it
because I have a newer vehicle? I swear some cops follow you just because
you have a newer car.

to make matters funny. I'm surprised he didn't ask about the smell in my
truck. With the bed bedliner (duplicolor roll on) and the hole cut out for
the stereo in my truck, there is just a RUSH of fumes (I'd say alcohol or
drugs) and I definantly notice everytime I get in the truck, so he must have
been screwed up to not know.

funnier. he said. "I paced you doing 75 back there" I have a phantom radar
jammer and if his radar were working, why would he have to pace me? That
leads me to believe that that phantom DOES work. I mean, there are times
where I blaze by cops and they don't pull me over. Some even look at me
confused. oh well, more testing will have to yeild the results of the
jammer. Too bad this jammer doesn't cover the LAZER guns...

2nd funny thing (actually, it might be funny for him) when I just got my
truck, I was going to school one morning and my house in on top of a hill, so
I just coast down into the intersection and my truck rolls down there quite
well. so. one morning, my windshield was fogged up like crazy so I couldn't
see so I didn't brake down the hill (this is before I got the radar jammer)
and THE SAME COP clocked me doing 38 in a 25. he actually said "hey, didn't
I pull you over some time back them for speeding in your neighborhood" and I
gave him the "yea, you were the COP who pulled me over because I couldn't see
out of my freaking windshield back then" kinda like "BASTARD" while I'm at
it.

anyways, the guy finally looked at my dash like 3 times, called in a backup
cop (he looked around my car, sniffed around. probably looked dumbfounded but
he didn't say anything and they tell me "we're letting you off with a warning
this time" don't do it again and TRY to pace slower cars. hehe

well, the guy was cool for letting me go, but he should have cited me for my
first ticket. rolling down a hill (45 minutes before school starts!) with a
really fogged up windshield and he cited me, that's why I'm ticked at the guy.
-Dester

PS, the only reason why I think he really let me go is because there are so
many "instances" in my case that I could have fought in court. Same cop
pulling you over. could try for a harrassment or singling out plead...? no
dash gauges, FAULTY EQUIPMENT, I bet he knew he'd loose in court if I took
him there. then also the fact he paced me instead of had me on radar gun..
I know even with the ticket, I might have been about to beat it down in the
legal system....