Re: fried dash almost = another ticket (also, radar jammer....)

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 16:47:57 EDT

Dester:

The Phantom worked fine, that's why he had to follow you. He realized you
were exceeding the limit, but his radar wouldn't demonstrate that.
Remember, the Phantom doesn't work once you are within 100 to 150 feet of
the radar gun. By tracking you, he could match your speed and/or get
close enough so the Phantom didn't mess up his return echo.

Richard in San Antonio

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:59:41 EDT Dester223@aol.com writes:
> yep! you heard that right. I almost got a ticket today. I got on the
> highway
> (didn't know what speed I was traveling at) cop says 75 in an 65,
> and I > think he was right.
> snip<
> > so.. I > was following this ford on the highway and bam, blue lights
pop out
> from > behind me. WTF? if I were following the ford, why was I pulled
> over? is it > because I have a newer vehicle? I swear some cops
follow you just
> because > you have a newer car.
> snip< he said. "I paced you doing 75 back there" I have a
> phantom radar > jammer and if his radar were working, why would he have
to pace me?
> That > leads me to believe that that phantom DOES work. I mean, there
are
> times > where I blaze by cops and they don't pull me over. Some even
look
> at me > confused. oh well, more testing will have to yeild the results
of
> the > jammer. Too bad this jammer doesn't cover the LAZER guns...

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.