Re: RE: lifters (bernd?)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 23:38:25 EDT

no, it's actually a mopar conversion kit. I'm guessing the roller rockers
are the same between the two companies. dunno.... just a different style of
mounting it. Screw in stud, pressed in stud, or bolted down.

the pushrods were recently replaced (and the rollers readjusted) and it still
ticks. I don't know. I've been looking for an exhaust leak, but if it were
an exhaust leak, why would it tick like when you're adjusting the rollers,
you back off the top screw and it kinda pushes up on the rocker arm and on
the down motion, it's that SAME sound I hear under acceleration. Leads me to
believe I screwed up one of my hydraulic lifters because I torqued it down
too tight.

Oh well... the fun of experience. Too bad it's freaky costly!
-Dester

<< The Mopar Performance Lifters P/N# is on my website.

 Did you check the pushrod length as well? (Isn't this the Chevy roller
 conversion kit anyway?)

 - Bernd >>