Re: WARRANTY AND EMISSIONS LAWS!!!!!!! (PLEASE HELP)

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 18:33:29 EDT

Need more info. What have you modified? If you did say, a
CAT back exhaust, and had the CAT opened up to 3" (like I
did), then NO, the CAT wouldn't be covered under warranty.
If you put on a CARB approved set of headers, and messed
with the pipe before the CAT, then NO, the CAT wouldn't be
covered either.

If you did a CAT back exhaust (and it was attached to the
pipe behind the CAT), then it SHOULD be under warranty,
just as if you had put on a CARB approved set of headers
per the installation instructions, it too SHOULDN'T affect
any CAT warranty.

How many miles on the truck?? What year?? Etc. etc.

Sam '00 RT

--- Bluethunder318@aol.com wrote:
> My mom asked the
> dealer if he could check
> my Catalytic converter for rattling and he asked if i had
> modified anything.
> I assumed he hasn't seen or heard my truck:) . She
> smartly said that she
> didn't know. He told her over the phone that if I
> modified something its not
> covered!!!!!! Isn't there a law that say otherwise? I
> need the Web page for
> that Law if anyone has it. Hopefully a GOV site.
> I think they can only void it if they can prove the
> modification caused the
> failure.

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com