Re: Suped 318 or 360

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 08:08:01 EDT

OK now i am going to add my .02. Last summer my father and I were looking
for a SB mopar for our '73 dart project. It's still not in but that is an
issue of time. Anyway our mechanic (trusted, 20+ years experience with
mainly mopar) advised us to get a 360 due to the fact that the
bore/stroke/rod length of the 318 leads to premature cylinder wear. I have
no idea how valid this is but I trust his opinion as he has yet to steer me
wrong, or even be wrong about something. Heck he fixed my sisters old 91
Spirit when the deal coudn't... and he did it in less then an hour without
any fancy tools... I say that when you bring cost into the equation, cubes
rule. So I agree with Mile D. on this one, 360 it is for a budget minded
300+ hp engine.

Chris

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, 3.93SG, 9.25" axle, everything but auto, power mirrors,
and 4wd...