RE: RE: RE: off topic: computer help needed

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 09:07:08 EDT

Sony, TEAC, Matsushita, and Mitsumi all used the Standard IDE interface back
in '93. If the machine is older than 4-5 years, it won't have UDMA/33
anyway. Not a big thing since ATAPI was standardized around that time so
the machine (if IDE) will handle the newer CD-ROM's...they're backwards
compatible to that point.

(Forwarded this email to the offtopic list)

- Bernd