careful with magazine orders

From: mark janke (sftvboy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 02:21:40 EDT

Just a little tip on ordering goodies out of magazine
ads. I've had 2 recent problems with companies that
"drop ship" orders through the actual part
manufacturer. I wanted to buy a hood which was
incorrectly posted on an ad and have spent almost a
full month between getting the wrong hood and trying
to get a refund. The company by the way was US Auto
Parts who incorrectly pictured a Keystone hood that
Keystone doesn't make.

The other problem was with ZMotive. I ordered a TBI
spacer "poweraid". They charged my credit card.
They never placed my order and after 12 patient days
of waiting for the part I got nasty on the phone and
found out they never placed the order. They didn't
even want to connect me to customer service or give me
poweraid's phone number so I could check the shipment.

Bottom line....if you can, order the part direct from
the manufacturer you'll save yourself a lot of
headaches. I was gonna paint my truck on a certain
date now that is blown out of the water. I can't even
order the hood I want til I get that huge refund.