RE: Suped 318 or 360

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 16:33:24 EDT

> I'll submit to this one. I didn't mean to say that the 351
> was a bad motor.
> I replied to someone else on this also, I just meant to say
> that the "small"
> 302 when built right can make some horses. and yes, the 340
> was a bad little
> motor. girlfriends dad had one and slightly modded, he
> couldn't keep motor
> mounts on the car. had to practically chain the engine down.

I knew you were not saying the 351 was a bad motor. I just wanted to point
out that the 351 just came in different flavors. Ah yes the 340 motor mount
problems... My solution was a solid engine mount on the one side. Didn't
want to do the twisty-in-the-engine-bay anymore after that. Did your GF dad
have the AFB or the ThermoQuad? I had the TQ on mine, a pain to setup but
once you do....look out!

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ