Re: Airhorn setup

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 19:12:04 EDT

Preach,

I cut the wire going to the stock horn (actually mounted the compressor
where the stock horn lived, behind the battery).. the wire that went to the
stock horn went to the switch input on the relay, then slap the ground and
power wires on the relay, good to go. As far as adding length to the horn
wire, no problem, it's just a trigger wire to kick the relay into action.
(as long as you're using JUST the airhorn, not the airhorn along with the
stock horns....)

If you wanna wait a week or so, I'll help ya out when I come to C-town for
the dyno (on the 20th)

Jon Smith

> Finding space is gonna be the other problem.... With the stock airbox,
it's
> awful cramped up there. How adviseable would it be to add enough wire to
> shift the horm to the opposite side behind the battery?
>
> Signed,
>
> Mechanically challenged..... (I could jury rig but this is my DAK....
gotta