Re: MPG

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 21:37:10 EDT

Ed,

I'm about to put the same muffler on my 4.7 (3" in/dual 2.5" out). How do
you like the sound of the muffler? Does it have any more sound than the
stock muffler? Too quiet maybe? What are your impressions?

As for the mileage drop ........ gee I don't know. Could you be leaning on
the gas a little more "excercizing" the new exhaust system? It could be that
you opened up the exhaust system too much and lost some of your low end (I
hear this is easy to do on the V-6's) and are compensating for this loss by
hitting the gas harder.

Good idea to check the O2 sensors though.

Keep us posted

Andrew