Re: wheels attn ---> KELLY in SC!! was:17" tire question

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 12:07:09 EDT

I found this in the archives from me...

 Greg, it looks I like have 5 1/8 backspacing. I need
> to remember it this time
> because that wasn't fun crawling around on the cold
> ground this morning
> LOL. Again, I run a 245/45 but I don't think
> there'll be a problem running a
> 255. You might get a little more rubbing than I do.
> Figure that tire is only
> 5mm wider on each side.
>
> My truck is dropped with spindles, I don't know if
> springs make a difference.
>
> Kelly in SC
> '96 CC 5.2

In addition, I am running 17x8's up front. My last post I posted from memory
that I thought I had 4.75" backspacing. 4.75" is wrong. And to Greg that
was asking about the rubbing that brought this thread up. You shouldn't have
a problem with 5" rubbing on the inside. The only time I have ever really
scrapped or rubbed anything noticeable was from a good sized dip in the
middle of a sharp turn from a stop light. My tire rubbed thr bottom side of
the fender opening. Any other questions anyone?? Hope this helps and I
apologize for the incorrect post yesterday.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T Finally!
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"