Re: dakota years

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 20:58:27 EDT

>>>Here is another thought, in '91 they changed the nose to more like the

>genII but it still had sealed beam headlights. The 91 also was the
first
>year to have six lug wheels I believe. So is the '91 a true genII or a
>gen I? What year did the 318 become an optional engine in all dakota's,

>not just the shelby? I am thinking '91 because I remember an article in
4
>wheel and Off-Road about a dak with only 165hp on a 318, this has to be
>premag. Any Thoughts?<<

I'll say a 91 IS a Gen II, just because of the body-style difference. I
mean, we refer to Gen III's as 97+ because of the major body-style
change. The engines are still the same 318's that came in the 96's for
the most part.
A 91 is a premag as far as the engine goes. It's a TBI 318.
Here's another funny anecdote: in 87 Daks were carbed. In 88 they were
TBI, but the MAP sensor is on the firewall. In 89 they moved the MAP
sensor to the TB, and did some funny stuff with PCV routing (which is why
an 89 tb won't work on an 88)...

-mike d.

----->Yorktown, Va.
PROJECT 13's!! ... dumped 88 Dakota w/MAGNUM 360 swap in progress!

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html
miggitymike@juno.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.