Re: gas in the oil

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 01:56:56 EDT

Hm, how many miles are on his truck? that seems like a problem with bad
rings. Gas seems to be going past the rings and dumping into the crankcase.
I'd get a compression test.. try that first.
-Dester

<< My brother is having a problem with his 92 5.2L truck. After having some
 work done on the fuel tank and filter, he is getting a LARGE amount of
 gasoline in the crankcase, mixing with the oil. The truck runs fine!!!
 Anyone ever heard of this before? I'm thinking that his mechanic must have
 hooked up a return line incorrectly somewhere.

 Please help before the moron blows himself up!

 Dave Chester
 93 Dakota V8