Re: RE: I NEED HELP FAST - I AM BUYING MY DURA RE: KUK

From: Marty & Sharon (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 12:52:37 EDT

>"Do you
> honestly think that side by side a Durango with a 4.7 will be faster than
> Durango with a 5.9 given that everything else about the two vehicles are
> identical?" My answer was look at the numbers!!

I am inclined to agree with Terry then....
A 4.7 Durango with the 46RE and 3.92 suregrip will have a slower ET than
A 5.9 Durango with the 46RE and 3.92 suregrip. (Both with slicks)

Your numbers are for a Regular cab, his are for a Club cab, not Durango
numbers.
Don't ever think quarter mile racing isn't about mph. The higher your mph
the lower your ET will be with proper traction and gearing. That why I alway
ingore ET's when building someones motor up, I want to see the power it
makes and the mph tells me that. Once they are at the power level they are
satisfied with then I tell them to get traction and proper gearing to drop
the ET. Look at the Neon's running mid to low 13teens and only posting 96-97
mph. My 95 was low 13 sec material with proper traction and gears (and
different driver than me). So, I think with a set of slicks, a correct
converter and a bone stock
Club Cab R/T would have no problem taking a RC 4.7 NV-3500 in the ET arena.
No flames please. Just my humble
two cents....
Kuk

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World