Helper Springs

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 16:46:20 EDT

Does anyone run or use any type of helper springs? I have been looking
around for some type of added support so my Dak doesnt sag or so it doesnt
sag as much when I am hauling heavy loads or when towing heavy loads. I
talked with a tech at Helwig, and he recommended either the EZ-550 Kit or
the EZ-1250 Kit. The 550 kit will add about 500 pounds capacity and the 1250
kit will add about 1,000 pound capacity. I asked him about these helper
springs affecting ride quality and he said they will be alittle stiffer when
unloaded, but nothing harsh at all. Suggestions on what to go for, the 550
kit or the 1250 kit? My Dak does have the 'smaller' or less weight carrying
rear leaf packs, which are rated at 1,250 pounds. It does sag kid of alot
with a 1,000 pounds in the bed. I am NOT interested in air bags or anything
like that.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6