Re: RE: Subwoofers

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 01:38:26 EDT

Ohm,
    I'm not exactly sure why it smoked, but 1) the speaker wires arched (12
awg stinger speaker wires at 1.50 a foot!) for 2) the amp couldn't hold a 1
ohm load.

I think it's 1. I tested the wire for contineuty and it was positive. the
wires passed voltage between the two. anyways. that is ditched and you're
right. all out or nothing at all. hehe.

As for my opti 2500, I am not sure how much wattage it'll hold. I'm probably
gonna run 1 sub (dual 4 ohm coils) per channel and that'd give me a true 2
ohm stereo load on the amp, which I think is still overkill for it. I'll
find out. if it over powers it, oh well. there's always warranty!
-Dester
<< "i'm not worthy". sounds like you build like i build, double what you
need
 and a little more to be safe. there is nothing wrong with running 500 watt
 subs off a 2000 watt amp(from anything i've read), you get clean sound at
the
 level you listen to. when you smoked your rf 250.2 did you melt down your
 powersupply?
 derek